Efficient and Flexible Web-Based Electronic Health Record Solutions for Small Practices
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Software and its wide adoption has drastically changed providers’ communication among themselves and with patients. The transition from traditional to digital mode of health record is occurring all over the world as demand for care quality and efficiency has been found to increase steadily. Among the different versions, web-based EHR Software has found a niche in the modern health care industry.
Types of EHR Software Available
Falling into two categories, namely, cloud-based (web-based) and client-server type, EHR Software can be chosen according to specific needs of the practice. Data is stored on in-house server in the client-server system while cloud-based system stores data on external server and allows access via the web.
Why Web-Based EHR Software is considered the Best Solution for Most Clinical Needs
Critical patient health data can be accessed easily and conveniently from any location using any digital devices such as smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices when web-based EHR Software is adopted. Opting for this innovative health information technology saves considerable amount of money and time. Web-based EHRs provide the following features:
- Remote access with just an Internet connection
- Data security as well as backup
- No need for additional hardware
- Cloud-based system doesn’t require space
Factors to be considered while going in for Web-based EHR Software
The following crucial components of the EHR play a controlling role in affecting the care quality in a medical practice:
- The proposed EHR System must adhere to the security needs as dictated by Meaningful Use and HIPAA
- With a variety of EHRs and different packages available, care needs to be exercised in understanding the costs involved in implementing one
- The software must be capable of being integrated with other systems in the practice
Exclusive Advantages of Cloud-based EHR Software
- Easy and quick implementation
- Superior Accessibility and effective collaboration
- Reduced IT requirements
- Cloud-based EHR Systems are scalable
- Critical Health Information can be updated on real time
- Patients can access their health records
- Effective communication between medical professionals and patients
Cloud-based free EHR Software offered by 75Health minimizes investment burden, facilitates safe data transfer and storage, and timely access of information across the globe with no room for data loss.