Medical Practice Management Software Features
With generally increasing patient inflow and the need for effective health care, medical industry demands much from Medical Practice Management Software (MPMS) – expectations run high; medical practices and administrators are seeking more and more, creating a constant need for increasing efficiency and reducing costs while providing quality service
Practice Management Made Easier by effective MPMS
Going the digital way, physicians expect to spend the least possible time with routine administrative tasks. They look forward to meeting more number of patients and focusing on their primary activity of providing the best possible health care.
Assisting physicians and health care facilities in improving their productivity and efficiency through automation of the day-to-day processes, Medical Practice Management Software has a great impact on them. Streamlining scheduling and efficiently managing the billing processes of the practice, MPMS proves to be a boon for the medical industry.
Key Features Expected in MPMS
Medical Practice Management Software System is expected to provide all features that are essential to practices in increasing revenue and productivity, in one easy solution. To enable this, Medical Practice Management Software has to include the following key features:
- Claim Denial Manager: An inbuilt feature of MPMS, this function helps in viewing denied claims – denial details are displayed and quick corrections may be made – enabling fast resubmission
- Automated Patient Work flow: Providing complete and fully customizable control of information and patients flow across the facility
- Automated Billing process: a comprehensive billing functionality consisting of billing, payment collection, and revenue cycle management – including claim submission and remittance features
- Verification of Insurance Eligibility: Insurance eligibility checks prior to providing service – including automatic confirmation of insurance status
- Appointment Scheduler: One of the major tasks in a practice, appointment scheduling, when automated, can bring down the time and efforts required – thus enhancing productivity and efficiency of the practice
- Reporting and Financial Management: Extensive filtering, customization, and scheduling options are available in this feature, enabling easy and quick compilation of exact reports needed
- Management of Patient Information: This allows capture of exact patient demographics – all essential personal information about patients are collected and stored here
- Inventory Management: With Medical Practice Management Software, stocking and distributing medical inventory process gets streamlined – it helps track inventory orders and assess needs to understand supply levels
Additional Features Expected in MPMS
- EMR /HL7 interface
- Transcription capabilities
- HIPAA Compliance
- Multi-provider capabilities
- Mobile access
- Payer contract analysis
Increasing Efficiency and Revenue through MPMS systems
Practices, when choosing their Medical Practice Management Software, must consider specific business aspects involved in their offices. By automating the regular activities related to the practice, MPMS enhances overall efficiency and leads to greater revenue generation.
Medical Practice Management Software, when selected in practice-specific manner, accomplishes its ultimate goal of reducing the time spent by physicians on paper work, thus enabling them to see more number of patients.