What is the importance of a Personal Health Record (PHR)?
In the modern medical industry with its own changes and innovations, patient participation in their health care is being touted as vitally significant – as care outcome is expected to be directly connected to patient engagement, efforts have been taken to increase their involvement in monitoring their own health – one effective way to enable this is through Personal Health Records (PHRs)
PHRs – a must for all individuals interested in their own health care
Regardless of whether you are currently healthy or managing any disease, it is essential to maintain your personal medical records. Keeping tabs on your own health details helps you in time of need. Health records need to be updated on a regular basis and be ready to access as and when needed.
A properly created and updated Personal Health Records Software offers the following crucial health data about patients, helping the treating physician considerably:
- Physician’s contact details
- Information about insurance
- Basic information of patients
- Emergency contact details
- Allergies and vaccinations
- Medication and medical alerts
How PHRs help Individuals in Managing their health?
Personal Health Records Software may be used as background information during consultations with caregivers. They are also useful as your personal reference that enables your family to get relevant data about your health. Personal Health Records Software help avoid repetition of processes and procedures, thus leading to saving in health care expense while freeing precious time of the providers.
How Does PHR Helps Individuals in Managing their Health?
- Individuals can consult their care providers with details of their own health
- Tracking of appointments and services is made possible
- Personal information is available during emergencies
- Accurate health information is made possible to access with ease
- PHRs save a lot of efforts by eliminating repetition of procedures
Exclusive Features in PHR that prove significant for Patients
Monitoring and keeping your Personal Health Records Software up to date facilitates the following advantages:
- Control over one’s own health information
- Crucial health information will be available with accuracy
- Health information may be shared quickly and effectively
- When maintained properly, your Personal Health Records Software enables better organisation of vital medical data
A regularly updated and monitored Personal Health Records Software not only empowers individuals to take active part in their health care but also facilitates delivery of best care by providers.