Are You Looking for Effective Ways to Keep Your Personal Health Record
It is common in the modern world that everyone wants to take part in the management of their own health along with their physicians. Gone are the days when you gave a thought about your health and contacted your doctor only at the time of contracting diseases or being injured. It is the age of information where you can have a control on your health and health-related issues by making use of technology!
Significance of Personal Health Records
Health awareness has reached an unprecedented level – starting with sticking to a balanced diet through maintaining a healthy lifestyle, so much has changed. Personal Health Record (PHR) is the latest technology in the health care industry that assists individuals to promote their wellness and prevent health adversities. It helps not just the individual who maintains it, but the treating physician as well.
Effective Tips to Bear in Mind While Maintaining Your PHR
- Even before a problem arises, start tracking the health history of your family – a comprehensive record describing infections, medications, immunization, prescriptions, and the like will immensely help the care givers
- Health-related activities and symptoms must be recorded – timeline of symptoms helps doctors in identifying trends that lead to better diagnosis
- A list of medical conditions and diseases common among family members needs to be created – this helps identifying high-risk illnesses that you are susceptible to
- Keep all information in one place – various health-related documents have to be maintained in one organized binder
- Record the symptoms in the frequency of occurrence – rather than trying to remember abnormalities during the physician appointment, keeping note of pain or symptoms as they are experienced will amply help the doctor to decide different treatments or tests
- Keep personal questions and answers down on paper – this comes handy as great reference while communicating with providers later
How to ensure that Your PHR is being maintained perfectly?
Consider the following questions while keeping a PHR:
- What type of PHR are you going to maintain?
- Who can access my PHR and what is the responsibility of those who can?
- How much time the medical professional may spend with my PHR?
- What type of access is going to be used – read-only or write
75Health offers various patient-focused health information technologies among which PHR is one that enables individuals to take charge of their health in reliable manner.