How E-Prescribing Software Benefits To Focus On the Patient Experience
Once a doctor sees the patient’s name in the appointment chart, he recognizes the patient’s last consultation for an ear infection. The patient is accompanied with his kids to the hospital and by seeing the doctor, the patient greets. The doctor starts his consultation work and enquires medication names but the patient could not remember the name and you know you prescribed antibiotics.
Without wasting much time, doctors see computer screens to see patient medication history and allergy details in E-Prescribing Software. A big thanks to the latest development as it stores all minute detail for future reference. During a consultation, a doctor writes an e-prescription by selecting names in the suggestion drop-down list and sends it to the pharmacy. Straight from the clinic, a patient can visit a pharmacy and collects the medicine and all the transaction details are shared with the patient’s EHR ID.
- E-Prescribing Software has full access to see patient’s previous prescription and with a click, it displays the allergy information such as medication allergies, food allergies, etc., and duplicate therapy errors are reduced
- This software displays screen notifications to warn the doctors about possible adverse medical events for the particular medication prescribed. Drug names will never mismatch again with the updated medicine names so patients are well served.
Quick Access to Medication History
- Medical professionals can see the consolidated medication history of a patient in a short period without communicating to any human beings. This cuts time in finding paper charts and clinical decisions are made effectively.
- Medicines available in the market are found in various doses, forms, and strengths. The software demands to fill out important information before sending it to a pharmacy. Standard drug dictionaries help to reduce name errors and complete information is available in every prescription.
- Handwritten prescriptions give zero trails if the chart gets lost and the burden of doctor increases in storing record files of all the patients. E-Prescribing Software generates digital prescriptions for modern lifestyles to easily track and share details anywhere. The permission of prescribing controlled substances is granted via E-Prescribing Software.
- Refill requests consume more time than consulting and E-Prescribing Software minimizes the time by instant review and authorizes staff to focus on other clinical tasks.
- In traveling, patients can have a shortage of medicines and get medicines in a simple process through E-Prescribing Software. Pharmacy employees can give medicines by eliminating the task of confirmation through phone calls.
Among five handwritten prescriptions, one or two are left incomplete and fail to meet medication guidelines. E-Prescribing Software improves patient safety through legibility and chances of errors and adverse drug events are reduced near to zero.
Read More at 75health