Modified Medical Billing Software for COVID Recovery Clinics
The world has undergone many changes in the last two years because of COVID-19. Many doctors have witnessed the increasing complications of coronavirus positive cases and many treatments are given to cure this infection. Modified Medical Billing Software for COVID recovery clinics is very essential to manage hospital bills and correct medical code is entered.
Medical Billing Software makes a hospital an accountable and easily accessible environment. It includes facility fees, services bills, and medication charges, all of these are added with alphanumeric strings (CPT code). It places a major role in claiming the bills from insurance companies.
Patients after full recovery of COVID-19, some develop complications in physical and cognitive abilities. COVID recovery clinics are created in many places of the state to offer unique medical services; diagnosing diseases, physical therapy, supplemental oxygen therapy, one-to-one counselling, medication. These services are also accounted for insurance claims so a unique billing process is required to improve the quality of care and satisfaction.
Recovery Clinic Screening
Listed below are a few examples of screening methods used by COVID recovery clinics:
- Recovery Clinic Screening is a process of multiple tests that are kept in place for a patient to cross and the results convey what treatment is suitable for them. This process helps a doctor to understand whether a patient can be cured in this current premises or not and make further arrangements.
- The screening methods used are recency of positive COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 antibodies availability, pulmonary functioning test, rehabilitation test, and stamina screen.
- Few screening tests are common in general practice and others are designed for the current situation. Testing entry and order details are shared from the laboratory to Medical Billing Software.
The current situation is compared with the SARS virus and better solutions are derived from it. From April 2020, the following CPT codes are highly used for billing COVID treatment.
- U0001: Tests bills and track new cases
- U0002: Allows laboratories to bill for non-CDC tests and COVID-19 diagnostics. Many COVID-19 tests come under this group
- U0003: severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, amplified probe technique
- U0004: 2019-nCoV Coronavirus, any technique, multiple types or subtypes, non-CDC
- G2023: specimen source
- G2024: Source of specific test conducted in a Special Nursing Facility/Home Health Aid
Understanding the usage of CPT codes helps in providing quality care and the revenue cycle is managed well.
The healthcare tool has a lot of benefits to support the current COVID-19 situation
- Invoices and claims can be tracked easily through Medical Billing Software
- Then spending money for human resources, infrastructure, social security, and other allowances, subscribing to medical billing software makes it easier and cuts many such expenses
- Customize options as per business requirements
Medical Billing Software is evolving tool for tracking medical practices, and claims and changed the billing process forever on the web. Hospital operations are streamlined and help in generating accurate data on the revenue cycle.
June is celebrated as National Safety Month and represents the importance of employees’ health in work and the public environment. Week 2 is for Wellness, the research found almost 50-70 million Americans chronically suffer from a sleep disorder and that leads to heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc. Using modern healthcare IT tools helps employees to have improved work experience and productivity increases.
Read More at 75health